Client Rights and Responsibilities
Beyond Pets Animal Hospital is dedicated to providing your beloved pet with extraordinary care, allowing them to live their best lives. Our commitment goes beyond basic treatments as we strive for a strong relationship built on trust between you and our team. To ensure the success of this partnership, clear expectations and open communication are essential—we’ve outlined both in our client rights and responsibilities below!
As a client, you have the right to…
- Accurate, clear, and impartial information regarding your pet’s health
- Receive full explanations about our decisions
- Know your pet’s diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment options, including the risks and benefits, based on our capabilities and resources
- Be informed of the costs of service we provide in advance of them being performed
- Participate in decisions regarding your pet’s care, including declining treatment options presented
- A full explanation for why our staff may decline to treat your pet or provide a specific service
- Share your questions, concerns, thoughts, or wishes and have them heard by our team
- Considerate, respectful, and compassionate care and communication from our team
- A fair and objective review of any complaint or problem
- Assurance that your personal and medical information is handled in a confidential and private manner
- Receive respect for your time and communication regarding any anticipated delays related to your appointment or follow-ups
As a client, you are responsible to…
- Disclose relevant, accurate, and complete medical and behavior history to our team, including previous medical records
- Maintain a respectful and considerate demeanor when communicating with any member of our team
- Share questions or concerns about anything we’ve discussed or left unaddressed
- Honor your financial obligations and payment policies agreed to when your pet receives care
- Help us provide care to other patients by abiding by our scheduling and appointment policies
- Work collaboratively with your pet’s care team to develop and perform the agreed-upon treatment plan, including any necessary follow-up visits and at-home care
- Be aware of the consequences for actions or behavior inconsistent with this client rights and responsibilities document, including potential termination of the veterinary-client-patient relationship
Beyond Pets Animal Hospital offers appointment-only care and will accommodate urgent medical needs with prior arrangements. Please call us at 770-971-1556 to ensure sufficient capacity for your pet’s visit. We strive to provide timely help in emergent circumstances while continuing the quality of service you expect from our clinic!
Appointments can be arranged by phone, text (770-971-1556), or email. Please see our recommended veterinary emergency clinics for emergency care outside of our business hours.
Our veterinarians are not available for consultations outside of scheduled appointments and follow-ups. Please schedule a consultation if you would like to speak directly to a veterinarian about an issue.
Late Arrival Policy
A grace period of 10 minutes will be permitted for unforeseen delays a client may encounter while traveling to Beyond Pets Animal Hospital for their patient’s appointment. If a client arrives more than 10 minutes after their scheduled appointment time, they will be given the option of either being seen that day as a walk-in, if the schedule permits, a drop-off, or will be asked to reschedule for a later date. This process helps ensure that clients arriving on time are seen promptly.
Canceling or Rescheduling Appointments
We’re here to provide care whenever our patients need it! We understand that sometimes plans change and if you can’t make an appointment, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance. That way we have the chance to give someone else’s pet a spot – but do note that any appointments canceled within 24 hours of their start time will require prepayment when they next book. If the client shows up to the prepaid appointment, the deposit is credited towards the invoice; otherwise, unfortunately the money won’t be refunded.
At our clinic, we prioritize patient care and providing you with an outstanding experience. To ensure that these top priorities remain intact while keeping costs as low as possible for everyone involved, payment will be due at the time of service – no exceptions! Be sure to ask about any upcoming fees before receiving treatment so there are never unexpected financial obligations on your end. And should anything change along the way during medical procedures, rest assured: We’ll always keep you informed every step of the way.
We are committed to helping you care for your pet by breaking large payments into smaller, manageable payments. That’s why we offer creative financial solutions that can be tailored to fit all budgets, such as flexible payment plans from both ScratchPay and Care Credit.
See our payment options for more information.
Mutual Respect Policy
Our client service team is composed of certified professionals, each contributed with their expertise and knowledge. Our veterinary technicians (veterinary nurses), assistants, groomers, and trainers provide the highest quality customer care that meets our doctors’ standards. We highly value every member’s insights to ensure customers receive only dependable advice or information at all times.
Medical Records and a Veterinary Client Patient Relationship
By law, in order to provide care for your pet we must establish a veterinary-client-patient relationship, VCPR. This is defined in the Georgia Veterinary Practice Act (Section 43-50-3) to mean, among other things, that we have physically examined the patient in question within the past 365 days. This is important to note when requesting refills of prescription medication or food, asking questions regarding health status or behavior, and requesting certain services like telemedicine. We cannot provide these services if we do not have legally valid VCPR.
You are entitled to a complete and thorough copy of your pet’s medical records at any time, including transferring them to a third party for adoption of new pets, housing verification, or scheduling of lodging, daycare, training, or veterinary medical specialist appointments. Pet records will be transferred by your request on the next business day. Records transfers may only be made by the listed agent(s) on the account. Upon termination of a veterinary client patient relationship, we will transfer pets’ records to a veterinary facility of your choice.”